Most Viewed Topics
SENIOR SECURITY ADVISOR
TYPE: FULL TIME
JOB OPENING ID: 64
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works with the Deputy Chiefs of Party and Finance and Admin Specialist of both states and the Human Resources Manager in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country:
Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations and other non-State actors in the area of operation.
Assess the security situation in both states and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required for a proper analysis of the situation by the Deputy Chief of Party.
Communicates information on security to the DCOP F&A and other DCOP’s and provides country security advice to the Chief of Party in the absence of the DCOP F&A, as required.
Maintains regular contacts with Security Focal Points of USAID, other USAID IP’s Security organizations, the Nigerian Police and Military command structures in Northern Nigeria
May be requested to provide technical guidance at Senior Leadership Team meetings, in the absence of the DCOP F&A.
2. Maintains the Security Plan, including updating staff lists (i.e. Emergency phone tree):
Helps in the preparation and review of the TSHIP Security Plan.
Supports actions during the implementation of the Security Plan as required.
Implements the JSI Security and Operational manual
Provide Advanced Security Training for all TSHIP drivers on how to handle extremely dangerous situations
Ensure that periodic simulations for safety and fire drills and alarms systemare conducted in the two states.
3. Assists the DCOP F&A in monitoring compliance with Minimum Operational Security Standards
• Assists with the compilation of data required for the Minimum Operational Standard Self-Assessment Programme.
4. Assists in reporting security incidents affecting TSHIP staff, offices and assets, and assists in the preparation of security reports, such as the Security Incident Report, the Security Assessments and the Quarterly Incident Report.
5. Provides support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness, and providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members. Conducts security briefings, as required.
6. Provides general administrative assistance to the DCOP F&A
Maintains routine and confidential correspondence files/documents.
Maintains a database on contact details in relation to host country security authorities.
7. Performs other security-related tasks assigned by the DCOP F&A as per JSI Research and Training Institute policies and procedures.
Conducts security evaluations and provides advice on security measures for the residences Minimum Operating Residential Security Standards of TSHIP staff, as well as on latest trends and threats to staff safety and security.
Establishes and maintains warden system and keeps update of information related to TSHIP offices and residences.
Administers in collaboration with the Human Resources Manager the TSHIP staff ID system.
Maintains liaison with security companies used for TSHIP security at offices and residences, in order to ensure the effective and efficient use of the guard force.
Verifies the Criminal records and security clearances for all employees.
•Experience in diplomatic security, protection and intelligence considered an asset.
•Knowledge of safety codes.
•Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
•Possession of a valid driver’s license.
•Ability to travel to Sokoto and other northern States in Nigeria
WORK EXPERIENCE: Over 10 years
Click link to apply: http://www.tshipnigeria.org/index.php/current-vacancies
CLOSING DATE: 20th March 2013
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum