Most Viewed Topics
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development, is recruiting personnel for the following position in Abuja:
Type of Contract: FIXED TERM APPOINTMENT (FTA)
Post level: ICS 06
Post Number: 00060511
Duty Post: Abuja
Duration: One (1) Year (renewable but subject to satisfactory performance)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent reports to and receives guidance and policy support from the Operations Manager who leads the Nigeria Office that serves the procurement and contracting needs of their geographical areas and ensuring that procurement and commercial considerations are fully taken into account in country programmes. S/he coordinates procurement activities and processes in accordance with the organization’s mandate, financial rules and regulation and procurement procedures of the UNPFA. The contracting activities encompass procurement, contracting, and contract management of institutional goods and services suppliers for UNFPA’s programs and for external clients, which include, Developing Country Governments, donors, NGOs, and other UN organizations as well as internal customers.
A. Contract Management
Assist the Office in the management of long-term contract agreements in accordance with UNFPA rules and regulation, procedures, including:
- Review accuracy and completeness of specifications for good/services to be contracted.
- Undertake market research to include all potential good/services providers.
- Prepare and issue Requests for Quotations and Invitation to Bids.
- Evaluate quotations/offers and recommend suppliers as appropriate.
- Prepare submission/recommendation to the CAP and CRC if applicable.
- Develop and draft contracts for clearance by Programme Specialists /Operations Manager and obtain approval from the Representative.
- Support in the issuing of contracts.
Follow up on performance of contractors/vendors. Monitor the performance of LTA with suppliers in reference to established Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintain an accurate and updated list of all UNFPA long-term agreements with dates of renewals.
- Liaise with internal customers and suppliers; Investigate and follow up on any contractual related challenge/inquiry to ensure suppliers’ adequate performance and customers’ satisfaction.
- Provide prompt responses to follow up on any query submitted by other UNFPA departments and/or clients whether directly involved or not.
B. Supplier Management
- Undertake market research in order to evaluate potential new suppliers. Update new suppliers in the Field Office list of “Approved suppliers”. Advice new suppliers as to registration requirements and procedures.
- Register new suppliers in the ERP system. Keep abreast of market trends and developments in purchasing related field. Maintain an accurate and active supplier database in support of UNFPA procurement requirements.
- Liaise with other United Nations agencies to obtain information of existing Long Term Agreements and contracts to be able to utilize them in reference to UNFPA requirements.
- Coordinate and administer the flow of vendor information in the ERP system and the United Nations Global Market Place (UNGM), including evaluation of supplier registrations in accordance with established criteria.
C. Procurement Tools Management
- Coordinate and administer the information flow related to products and services available through Long Term Agreement, including prices, terms and conditions, validity of contracts and technical as well as logistical information in electronic form that may be available in the office or for other relevant parties as required.
- Monitor and maintain the UNFPA Nigeria internet site, making sure all information is up to date. Liaise and coordinate with corresponding responsible branches in DMS in reference to technical developments and enhancements to provide informative and accurate content.
- Undertake other tasks and duties as required.
- Valuing diversity
- Performance management
- Developing people/fostering innovation and empowerment
- Working in Teams
- Communicating information and ideas/knowledge sharing
- Integrity/commitment to mandate
- Appropriate and transparent decision making
- Results orientation and commitment to excellence
- Self-management/emotional intelligence and conflict management/negotiating and resolving disagreements
- Business Acumen
- Implementing management systems
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Client orientation
- Organizational awareness
- Job knowledge/technical expertise
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate should
- Be a Nigerian national (Male or Female).
- Possess University degree in Business Administration and/or experience in Procurement and logistics or related field preferred.
- Possess a minimum of 6 years of related work experience preferably in an international, customer focused organization
- Have knowledge of reproductive health related commodities and medical terminology an asset
- Have knowledge of legal and operational aspects of contract management useful
- Have experience in international procurement and logistics management is desirable
- Have the ability to analyze and utilize complicated data
- Have an excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have the ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Have the ability to perform well under pressure and flexibility in handling unexpected work assignments as and when necessary
- Be service minded and have the ability to work in team
- Possess good writing and communication skills.
- Have good working knowledge of MS Office applications
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All applications should include functional e-mail addresses and mobile phone numbers, letter of application and UN Personal History Form (which can be download from our intra-site), attached as one file in MS WORD format only. Applications should be addressed to The UNFPA Resident Representative, Abuja and forwarded to e-mail addresses – firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 26 February, 2013 and clearly marked “Procurement Associate – ICS 06”
Please note that UNFPA will respond only to those applicants in whom it has a further interest. Kindly also note that ONLY applications sent by e-mail will be accepted. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
*UNFPA reserves the right to appoint at the indicated or lower level and prior to the closing date.
DEADLINE: 26 February, 2013
Click link for more details: http://nigeria.unfpa.org/Vacancy/Pr_A.pdf
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum